Wednesday, May 28, 2008

My Lunch With Bob, Part II

Wow, I can't believe I left this out. First of all, if you haven't read my previous post, please read that first, it helps set this one up.

So anyhow, I'm having lunch with Bob Woodward (see, if you didn't read the last post, you're probably scratching your head right now), and he starts talking about a lunch he had the previous week with Al Gore (which, by the way, he described as "mind-numbing").

Now, with all the current talk about former White House Press Secretary Scott McClellan's new "tell-all" book, I don't know how this bit slipped my mind. I guess I should have put this story on the blog a month ago and forget about the pictures (which I still haven't developed).

Anyhow, Woodward is having lunch with Al Gore, and he asks Gore what percentage of what went on in the Clinton White House is the public aware of, and Gore answers (probably 1%). So Woodward suggest that Gore write his own tell-all book, to which Gore replies that there is no way he would ever do such a thing (no surprise, and I would be disappointed in him if he even considered it).

So Woodward pushes him a little further, and says "Okay, obviously that was a joke, and I know you'd never write such a book, but indulge me. If, If you did write a tell-all book, telling all you know about what went on in the Clinton White House, how much then would the public know about what went on in the Clinton White House."

Gore's response: "probably 2%".

Now that's scary!

No comments: