Saturday, November 3, 2007

I Hate Liberals? No, He Said That, Not Me!

Although I am a conservative and I started this blog to mainly point out liberal hypocrisy, I am well aware that there is plenty of hypocrisy on the right as well, so today I thought I’d spend some time on several liberal websites to see what the hot topics on the left side of the aisle were. It wasn’t a pretty sight, not because of what I read, but of the shear ugliness on site after site.

You see, I came to this blog world via a good friend of mine, whose site is called www.redhogdiary.com. I received an e-mail from Chris, aka The Red Hog, over a year ago stating he had started a blog, and asking me to check it out. I have been reading more blog’s since I started reading Chris’, but I still go back the The Red Hog as the model for my own blog, with one big difference: Chris is a liberal, I am a conservative.

The problem is, I’ve assumed that most liberals were like Chris: Intelligent, well read, and persuasive, although sometimes wrong (Okay, that last part is my opinion). The truth is, at least from my findings, is that most liberals aren’t like Chris. They are vile, hateful, conspiracy theorists, so blinded by hate for George Bush and Dick Cheney that they can’t separate fact from fiction.

Now the expected response to comment from my liberal friends is that most conservatives are in that boat as well, and I’d be willing to agree that they may be right, to a degree. There is a lot of vile opinion spewing from the right as well, with those individuals equally blinded by their hate of the Clinton’s.

But here’s the “Big Picture”: I looked up “Liberal” on Wikipedia, and among the rather lengthy definition was “All liberals support the form of government known as liberal democracy, with open and fair elections, where all citizens have equal rights by law”. So Liberal’s believe that all citizens have equal rights? Well, read their blogs and it would be difficult to prove it. I’d say that most liberals consider conservatives third rate citizens, but I have yet to find a site that would rank them that high.

Islam calls itself the “Religion of Peace”. Most Democrats I know consider their party “The Party of Peace”. Most liberals think that the way to deal with people who they have NOTHING in common with, people who are taught from birth that we are the Great Satan and their goal in life is to annihilate us, is to sit down and rationalize with them, and yet these same people not only can’t rationalize with conservatives, they WON’T. And yes, this describes many on the right as well, but we’re not the “Party of Peace” are we? Well, I guess you’re not either.

I did run across one interesting liberal post. The following comes from the site of “Raging Bull” at myspace.com. Tony, the “Raging Bull”, is one of the liberal sites I landed on, and what follows was Tony’s latest post:

I hate liberals that don’t use common sense in their argument.

I hate liberals that say they support the troops but not the war. You can’t have it both ways. I am against this war and cannot support the troops who fight it. I am not a hypocrite.

I hate liberals that are pro-choice and use abortion as birth control. Abortion should be decided by the women, but I do not respect a women that would not think long and hard before making that decision. I know most women do.

I hate liberals that believe in all these unproven conspiracies just because they hate Bush/Cheney so much. You are no better then the redneck conservatives that believe all the bullshit about the Clintons.

I hate liberals that are against the death penalty (count me as one), but would not admit that they would cut off the head of any person that would murder their loved one and feed it to the rats.

I hate liberals that are for welfare but don’t care about the people who take advantage of it and steal from the true needy.

I hate liberals that don’t see radical Muslim ideology as a true threat to our freedoms.

I hate liberals who don’t understand that it is not who is right, but what is right.

This blog is an experiment in self examination. It is much easier for me to tell you the things I hate about non-liberals. THAT IS TOO EASY !!!!

See. Tony is willing to learn. By the way, I don’t hate Liberals. As a matter of fact, my son is a liberal, and I love him very much. And you my dear friends, I’m pretty fond of you as well. Have a great Sunday, and enjoy that extra hour. Might I suggest spending it watching Fox News. LOL

3 comments:

cwilcox said...

"Islam calls itself the “Religion of Peace”. Most Democrats I know consider their party “The Party of Peace”. Most liberals think that the way to deal with people who they have NOTHING in common with, people who are taught from birth that we are the Great Satan and their goal in life is to annihilate us, is to sit down and rationalize with them"

??? All Muslims are taught from birth to hate the Great Satan? I guess I have never met any of those Muslims and I have met quite a few. I think the biggest frustration from the left with the way the leadership and media on the right want to deal with Islam is that they fail to recognize that a huge majority of the Muslim's in the Middle East, Sunni or Shiia are not much different than you or I. Moderates dominate the population and most of them want what you and I want, to go to work, to raise our families and to worship the God of Abraham. We don't seem very focused on putting those people in positions of power. It is much like here in the United States where politics seem to pander to the fringe of our ideologies and the result is we get nut-cases leading the country.

Iowa Bob said...

No where did I say that all Muslims are taught from birth to hate us. Yes, I agree that most Muslims are similar to us, but those aren't the people I'm talking about. I'm talking about the radical fringe, because THAT is who we are at war with, and my point was that how can a Liberal Administration negotiate with a group that I would say is about as far away from themselves when they don't even want to TRY to understand their contemporaries on the other side of the aisle.

Iowa Bob said...

One other thing. I think both this administration and the American people have bent over bacwards to make a point that we do not consider Muslims as a whole the enemy, but rather that we are fighting an extreme fringe group.

However, sometimes I feel that we are so worried about offending the overall Muslim population that we can barely address the fact that we are dealing with an islamofascist enemy. Look, the only people we are going to offend are the ones who don't understand that we are at war with a fringe radical section of their religion, and if they don't understand that than they probably BELONG to that radical fringe.

Look at the KKK. I would be willing to bet that 100% of their membership is white, and yet as a white man I take zero offense about anything evil you choose to say about them, because I know that you are rallying against a fringe, not the white race as a whole.